I’ll cut right to the chase. My two favorite makeup looks (or trends, more like) from tonight’s 2015 Grammy Awards? Allover nude or natural-looking makeup (a la Beyonce, Gwen Stefani and Chrissy Teigen) and jewel toned eye makeup (think Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift). While the natural/nude trend was stunning on the carpet and definitely worth recreating, it’s a little less exciting to talk about. That’s why I’ll focus here on how to get my next fave look of the night: jewel toned eye makeup.
To get Gaga’s metallic emerald-hued eyes, makeup artist Sarah Tanno did the following:
- Applied Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Tin (SV810) on lids and used Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Mist (WT901) on her inner corners.
- She smudged Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Caviar (BK912) on the outer corners of the lids into the lash lines for added depth. She set the cream shadows with Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio in Lido (GR412).
- Tanno applied Shiseido Smoothing Eyeliner Pencil in Black (BK901) around the eyes and blended.
- To finish the eyes, Tanno used two coats of Shiseido Perfect Mascara Defining Volume in Black (BK901).
Keep this more wearable by simply topping the silvery creme shadow (Tin) with emerald hued powder shadow (Lido) and blending it from lash lines to creases. Finish with mascara.
To recreate Taylor Swift’s teal liner look, here’s what I’d recommend (I’ll updated this with the exact products used as soon as I track them down.):
- Blend champagne-colored cream shadow from lids to just above creases.
- Add depth to your eyes by blending a warm taupe-y grey powder shadow onto your outer corners and creases.
- Line top and bottom lash lines with a deep teal eyeliner like Urban Decay 24-7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Deep End.
- Line the inner rims (waterlines) of your eyes with white shimmery eye liner.
- Finish the eyes by applying two coats of black mascara to top and bottom lashes. I’ve been loving the Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara for its ability to create super lush-looking lashes like Swift has here.
What was your favorite look of the night?