Now that we’ve entered 2013 (yay!!), it’s time to set our beauty resolutions for the year. Last year my goal was to learn how to apply liquid liner and I actually did it! Here are a few you can try out this year:
1. Wash your makeup brushes — try once a month to remove product buildup as well as accumulated oils and dead skin cells. Yuck. Use a gentle baby shampoo or try a cleaning spray like Sephora Daily Brush Cleaner Anti-Bacterial Formula, $6.
2. Stop popping pimples. I admit it’s a hard one to break if you’re a picker like me. But face it, but more often than not, you end up with a big red scar, right? Not cute. I vow to keep my hands off. Do you?
3. Wear SPF every day, even when you’re not going to be in direct sun. In the winter, try Olay All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15, $8.
5. Have skin and moles checked at the dermatologist. It could mean the difference between life and death.
6. Floss. Every. Day.
7. Master one go-to hairstyle that’s not a ponytail. I’m thinking braids like this Lauren Conrad look above.
8. Make follow up appointments before you leave the salon so you don’t wait way too long to get your hair, cut, colored, etc.
9. Endulge yourself in beauty treats. Get a facial. Get a manicure. Get a massage. Or, all of the above.
10. Feel beautiful no matter what you do or don’t do.
What’s your beauty resolution for 2013?
(top image: Sephora via pinterest)